Editor In Chief
Who We Are
At MIRA Safety we value one thing above all else:
This isn’t just a design philosophy, it’s our driving purpose. As one of the industry leading manufacturers of personal protective equipment, we pride ourselves in being one of the few companies to provide the same level of uncompromising quality of gas masks, filters, hazmat suits, and survival equipment for working professionals as we do for the average civilian.
Based out of the beautiful city of Austin, TX, MIRA Safety creates products that are purpose built to shield users from the worst chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear threats (CBRN) in the world. Whether our customers are law enforcement officers, military operators, first responders, agriculture workers, or concerned citizens, we provide exemplary and durable products to all.
Put in simpler terms: We are in the business of saving lives. And that means everyone from all walks of life deserve the best possible chance at survival.
Join the Team
Looking for a workplace that actually cares about what you bring to the table?
Here at MIRA Safety, we are equally as committed to serving our customers as we are our employees. Team members are given the tools, training, and education to not only understand our complex industry but to succeed in it.
MIRA’s culture is defined by an open minded, progressive and collaborative environment in which clear and attainable goals are set on an individual basis. Utilizing a transparent system of accountability, all discussions allow for productive input from everyone and are not set up for the sake of formalities.
That’s right, that means no more “meetings that could have just been an email!” Coupled with a competitive pay structure, medical and dental benefits, as well as yearly bonuses, we’ll make sure you’re taken care of.
MIRA Safety is a fast-growing company focused not only on delivering outstanding products and services to its customers but also in creating a great place to work.
What you will be accountable for:
- Finalize and publish articles to the Mira Safety site weekly;
- Assign topics to writing staff and editor(s) to ensure delivery of content materials;
- Oversee output of social media posts and videos weekly;
- Maintain video, editorial, and social media calendars by scheduling content a minimum of one month out;
- Create and maintain editorial, social and video strategies and guidelines and communicate those to staff;
- Update and maintain Mira Safety web page as dictated by current strategy;
- Increase page views and traffic as dictated by EOS Scorecard;
- Updates and evaluates employee metrics to assess performance;
- Establishes and enforces marketing standards and procedures;
- Assists in recruiting and selecting employees;
- Assists with new employee orientation and training;
- Sets team goals in collaboration with executive management;
- Monitors and evaluates employee performance and leads training initiatives to improve employees;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude;
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequently shifting priorities;
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with company policy ;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Environment: office;
- Ambulatory skills: sit and stand for long periods of time;
- Extensive use of computers and technology;
- Lift, carry, move and/or set up equipment and materials that weight up to 20 pounds.;
- Travel: up to 25% of the time
- Experience in planning and strategizing effective multi-platform content strategies.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in journalism, communications and media, publishing or a related field. Additional years of digital media experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-per-year basis.